Friday, August 17, 2012

Old & New


Random fact about me, I am a musician and I may have went to music school.  
If you asked me five years ago where I would be now, I would have told you something completely different from what is actually happening. I probably would have been doing something musical for a living. Right now, I don't know how musical I will be anymore. Music school kinda took it all out of me. However, I do know it gave me a very valuable skill; how to let the creative juices flow in a short amount of time. 
As you know I am a growing Etsy shop owner, and it has been less than easy. It came really difficult for me, and as I learn how to be an entrepreneur and not be my generous "sure I will give you this garland i spent 20 hours making for five dollars and free shipping cause I love you" self, I am learning that in a lot of ways I need to grow up.
I'm not always the best at not procrastinating and not getting burnt out quickly. I am however, good at what I am in the process of doing; pursuing my dream job. Whether it's a full time even planner or not, I know that deep down I really am having a blast making things. You know you are when you wake up at 530 texting friends about their wedding decor you are making for them. 
All in all, as I build up this blog, this business, this new life, I get to learn all these new things. I used to be kinda freaked out I would fail, but it's not going to happen. I know it. Some doors close for me while windows open for others. Everyone gets to enjoy the new and better things in life God has for them, and thats awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment