Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life According to My iPhone Pictures: Anniversary Trip Edition

It's amazing how getting away for a couple days changes how you feel about life. 
I don't know what it is, but the ocean is such a healing, restorative place for me.
I instantly de-stress when I hear the sound of the waves. 
I love how the sand feels between my toes.
And I love, love, love, ocean life. 
I also love Gus, and loved the wonderful getaway he arranged for us. Celebrating our first anniversary was quite wonderful. From the beer tour of the Oregon beaches, to the sunrise bike ride, to getting matching anchor tattoos on our anniversary; it was probably the best weekend we have ever had together.  I think the most meaningful thing we did together was get matching tattoos.
 It may seem a bit cliche to get an anchor tattoo, but it means so much to me. 
When i look at it, I can't help but think the only thing that got me through this crazy whirlwind of a year was being anchored in Christ's unconditional love, and the growing friendship with Gus that comes from rooting our relationship together, in Him. All in all, our mini annivesary vacation was amazing. It's insane how much growth can happen in a year, and how fast a year can go by. I wish we could have spent more time on vacation, but I loved the weekend we had. I loved thinking about our day and talking about it. It was kind of a whirl wind but all in all a beautiful day. Who knew celebrating a day would be so special and fun. I can't wait to go back to the oregon coast. I really hope we go at least once a year if not more. Can't wait to celebrate more anniversaries with Gus. This year went by
so fast! I can't imagine how wonderful the next years will be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment