Saturday, February 9, 2013




I know it has been so long since I have posted. It has been a crazy few months with the holiday season, starting school back up again, and making some big life decisions. It has been a weird winter season for me. I read an amazing book this past winter called Love Does by Bob Goff. It is a sort of memoir and collection of short stories all rolled into one. Bob Goff is an amazing man who pursued the Lords plan for his life, despite peoples opinions. He taught himself to block negative comments, the word no from peoples mouths, and the lies that can come into our minds abut who we are as a result of failing or being rejected. I love this about him, because there is a verse in Proverbs that talks about not looking to the right or the left, but keeping our eyes forward and focused. Reading Love Does was a serious landmark for me. It is one of the most encouraging and affirming books I have ever read in my life. As a creator, dreamer, and musician it has been a crazy journey balancing my talents and God's calling vs. peoples perception of my calling and opinions about where I should go/what i should be doing. Some of the things I listened to from people where true, and I did a good job about listening to what they had to say. There were however parts of my life where peoples opinions should not have been said like they were, and I have been devastated, confused, and unsure about who I am, since. The stories Bob Goff writes about were all parts of his life that were landmarks. Those Landmarks were beautiful, because he knew no ones words except the Lords, mattered. He didn't care if a test told him he couldn't be a lawyer, he knew it was what God called him to. So Bob sat in front of the dean of a law school's office until the dean told him to buy his books. Bob knew the woman he was going to marry the moment he first laid eyes on her, and he didn't give up on her until she said yes. Accepting our callings and who we are going to live life with, are huge! I realized as I read this I haven't really been told by the Lord what I will be doing in life as clearly as I might have thought, and hearing from Him takes patience and time. It can be really discouraging for someone who is creative naturally to have a lack of inspiration for a long period of time. Sometimes however, a lack of inspiration is just God saying, time to keep moving forward. As much as I love creating, I have closed my Etsy shop for the time being to spend some time focusing on moving foward. It will hopefully be opening back up again in April or May. I also need to be focusing on what I am good at and keep getting better. Practice makes perfect right? Blogging will be happening a lot more, and I am making it a priority to at least have one post up a week that is inspiring, and one that includes a new tune, of course. Anyways, if you love a good book and need some encouragement and inspiration, I suggest grabbing a copy of  Love Does. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment