Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sassy Summertime

Sassy Summertime



I am so excited to make a trip to North Carolina this summer to visit my husbands family and a dear friend of mine! One thing that I am not excited about is the ridiculous humidity. Naturally in order to prepare, I plan on finding the perfect summer dress (or two). I fell in love with this dress when I saw it today on Nasty Gal. Yes, I did love it because it does remind me of Mad Men. Which is why I Paired it with some retro sandals! I feel the dress can be casual or dressy, which is another reason why I love it. Being on a budget for the most part, I try to only get pieces I can wear on multiple occasions. I also turn to dresses the most in the heat because they help me not look as gross as I can sometimes feel when it gets in the upper 80's. I chose the lip earrings because they add a bit of sass to the retro feel of the outfit. I don't usually go overboard on jewlery. You will rarely see me turn to a chunky necklace. I like adding small bits of jewelry to compliment or complete the look. My go to earrings are a pair of fun studs. I usually wear bracelets if my arms are bare, and perhaps I will be adventurous and reach for a chunky ring. I also as you can tell, love matching everything with the shoes and a purse. I feel like I always have to wear a belt to show off my waist, because I have hips. Empire waist tank dresses are my go-to during the summer. Lately I have been on the search for the perfect jersey maxi dress.
What do you feel the most comfortable in when the weather is hot and sunny?



1 comment:

Hena Tayeb said...

The dress is really cute. I love the lip studs.. hope you have a great time.

Post a Comment