Thursday, June 14, 2012

Home Decor Part 1

Ever since moving I have been incredibly hard at work at making our new place a home!
I have been up to several DIY projects including a couple from pinterest and a few blogs that I love! Welcome to our house! 



Polaroids from my wedding, a magnet from my mom {gifted to Gus} and L-O-V-E magnets from my dear friend Shelley. 



Saw a jar filled with cupcake holders on Pinterest and decided to put to use one of the jars from my wedding! 




These are another reason why I love Seattle so much.
They are dried flowers from Pikes Place Market!


Handwriting and phrase from Wedding Chicks Instagram account. Check it out! 


I found an old cork board in our shed. Covered it with old Nancy Drew pages, painted the sides and added sticks and a tissue paper flower, attached a clothespin to a tack, and added a S and a dream catcher. I love what you can do with cork boards!


Kinsey of Sincerely Kinsey posted an adventure map DIY on her blog that I loved.
I found this map at a coffee shop in Spokane for $3.00 and painted the phrase from my favorite movie, UP! on it. We are going to pin little music paper hearts on every place we visit during our marriage. Love it! 



When we were on our honeymoon we went to loads of antique shops! One in particular had a ton of super cool vintage postcards, so we stocked up on all the cutest ones! I love how they looked framed.



My mom had this "lying around her house", so naturally I put it to good use in our home!


So proud of finding this little guy at Salvation Army in little Moscow!





When I saw the picture heart idea on Pinterest, I put it to good use in our old place above the mantle. Now that we have dreary white walls in our bedroom, I thought it would be perfect to add some color with our favorite wedding photos!
Definitely one of my favorite things I have done in the house for sure, so far.
I will be posting more tomorrow for sure. Till then, hope you are inspired!
Much Love
@


No comments:

Post a Comment