Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The little things I have been loving lately

Lately I have been loving extremely random things. 
1) This Live performance from Sucre kills me. The harmonies are amazing.
She reminds me of Feist. I have been on a Sucre/Feist/Lana Del Rey kick lately. 
They are my go-to artists for this summer for sure. 


I read it, and felt an immediate push to get up, create and plan.  It was a huge help to me, because Kinsey's blog is not only my favorite, but I am in the midst of making my blog more attractive and readable. I am in the midst of the creative process, and was having a hard time picking out topics, themes, etc. This article helped me narrow down my thoughts and get the mess onto paper. All in all, it  helped me so much to learn from the two of them, and I hope this article helps you in your endeavors as well! 

3) The Plaid Barn is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It is a website where each day they have a deal on specific craft supplies. They are all unique, very popular, and very expensive everywhere but this website. So naturally, I am addicted. 
I recently ordered adorable packaging, 

adorable lace tape, 

and an adorable vintage camera rubber stamp.

 You have to check first thing in the morning each day, because if what they are selling is awesome, it goes really fast! I am very excited to receive all of what I have ordered soon and share my creations with it, with you.

4. My first attempt at embroidery. I know so many people embroider this lyric, but it's special to me because it was our recession song in our wedding. It is a bit rough, but I like that it is. It adds character.
I am actually practicing a lot, in hopes to add a few awesome items to my shop.
Can't wait to share them with you!

5. The VS Co. Camera App for iPhone has been blowing up the instagram world. Why? The filters on the app give a look that many professional photographers give, for just 99 cents. I am obsessed with this application and feel like I have even more of an opportunity to take awesome photos with my phone now. I use filters 2 and 5. They are the best in  my opinion.

Filter 2

filter 5

6. I am in the process of creating an office/craft space for myself. I am very excited. I have a wall color scheme and everything picked out. It will take a while to build, but the creative process is what makes it beautiful. These letters from Twisted Twig Etsy Shop are my favorite for sure. I am hoping to add them to my inspiration wall.


7. I usually don't end lists on odd numbers, but this time it is happening. I am very excited to share with you the success of my wedding photographer. Our wedding was posted yet again on a mainstream wedding blog! High-Fi weddings, a wedding blog focused on music themed weddings and engagement  sessions, featured us! You can view the post here! The best part about this post is all of our music played at the wedding was posted! It took months to develop it, and since our whole wedding was based off of music, I was very blessed it was posted on the blog. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment