Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cheers to 2012


As the new year approaches, I begin to realize that 2011 was the beginning of a whole new life for me.
It is so easy to be discontent when we are in transition, when the fun is over, or when we want to "move on" in some way(like be done with school already). 
Because I believe in an all powerful God, unconditionally loving God, I believe there is purpose in everything I do. From homework, to making wedding decorations, to cooking with my husband, it's all part of the bigger picture. As I rang in the new year singing worship songs, I realized my life is going to be more than "the american dream". The only way to do that however, is to root my identity in Christ. I could look at my life and be discontent with so much, but I want more from this time of my life. I don't want to look back and think "I did nothing". I want this year to be filled with fulfillment.
Fulfillment of my school requirements.
Fulfillment of my new years goals.
Maybe fulfillment of God's calling for my life?
I have so many things I want to accomplish; go to Africa, build up my business, make my blog what I ppicture it looking like in my head, dominate school, either work part time staff with CRU or work for Anthropology, as well as join my churches worship team. We will see if any of these things happen, but I intend to make 2012 much much more than just a "transition period". 
2011 was so amazing. Although so much happened, it was very self focused. I am exhausted by my selfishness. I had the best New Years I have had in so long serving college students and hanging out in Portlandia. I realized how much I miss serving with CRU. The more I think about it, the more I realize I may be called to work for the ministry. CRU is the most amazing ministry to me, because it was the reason my college years were so full of life. Not to mention conference being where I met my husband. I am so excited for what God has for us this year, and for the first time in a long time, I sense big things coming.
So here's to knew beginnings, new music, books, crafts, recipes, adventures, pictures, lessons learned, and obstacles to conquer.
Cheers, to 2012. 

1 comment:

Chelsea girl said...

I love this Atalie. I want to think of my life in light of this too. It's so easy to look to the future for contentment b/c it seems much more exciting and, well, there's no school there :). Thanks for challenging me with your thoughts.

Post a Comment